CAMS participated in the Ganesh Technical Center Open House on Tuesday, May 7th, in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. CAMWorks was used to program the parts pictured. The mold core was cut on a Ganesh VFM-4024 vertical milling center with a Mitsubishi 720M control. VoluMill 3-axis was used to rough the aluminum part at 500 IPM.
The turn part was run on a Ganesh KSL 7612-TMY mill-turn machine with a Mitsubishi M70L control. CAMWorks turning, face drilling, and OD milling—including Y-axis milling—were used to complete the part.
CAMWorks 2013 DVDs
CAMWorks 2013 DVDs are now available. As last year, Geometric will not be automatically sending DVDs to all end users on USP; however users may opt-in for DVD at the link below. Note this link is not public, and does require the user to login.
This link will remain active for approximately 2 months. The DVDs that will be delivered are CAMWorks 2013 SP 1, and/or CAMWorks Solids 2013 SP 2.0.1
This is not a permanent list and will only be used for the mailing of this current DVD.
Posted on: 5/16/2013
CAMWorks Solids 2013 SP2.0.1 is available for download
CAMWorks Solids is a CAD/Solid Modeler designed to work with CAMWorks. This combination allows CAMWorks to function as a stand-alone product. If you are already running SolidWorks then you may not need CAMWorksSolids. Before you download please make sure that you have purchased a license to run CAMWorksSolids and your USP date is Feb 1, 2013 or later.
The 32-bit and 64-bit versions of CAMWorks Solids 2013 SP2.0.1 can be downloaded by clicking here (login required):
- In order to run CAMWorks Solids 2013 SP2.0.1, the USP date (Updates/Support Plan) for your CAMWorks license must be Feb 1, 2013 or later. If you need to update your license, please contact your reseller before installing.
- CAMWorks Solids 2013 can run CAMWorks 2013 and CAMWorks 2012 SP 3.0 onwards.
- CAMWorks Solids SP2.0.1 supports 64 bit version of Windows 8, 7, Vista and 32 bit version of Windows 7, Vista. Home editions are not supported.
Posted on: 4/5/2013
CAMWorks 2012 SP3.1 is available for download
We are releasing CAMWorks 2012 SP3.1 to correct a problem with CAMWorks 2012 SP3.0 release. This release addresses the problem when a SolidWorks file is opened from Windows Explorer.
The 32-bit and 64-bit versions can be downloaded by clicking here (Login required)
- In order to run CAMWorks 2012 SP3.1, the USP date (Updates/Support Plan) for your CAMWorks license must be Oct 1, 2012 or later. If you need to update your license, please contact your reseller before installing.
- CAMWorks 2012 SP3.1 supports SolidWorks 2013/CAMWorks Solids 2013, SolidWorks 2012/CAMWorks Solids 2012 and SolidWorks 2011/CAMWorks Solids 2011.
- CAMWorks 2012 is supported on Windows XP when run with SolidWorks 2012/CAMWorks Solids 2012 and SolidWorks 2011/CAMWorks Solids 2011.
- This release is the full build for English, German, French, Chinese, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Italian and Turkish versions.
Posted on: 12/7/2012
Introducing: CAMWorks Nesting
Automatic nesting solution for SolidWorks®
CAMWorks® Nesting is an automatic nesting module designed to nest the layouts of SolidWorks parts or assemblies. It is seamlessly integrated within SolidWorks® and allows nesting of flat or 3D sheet metal parts or assembly models. CAMWorks Nesting uses NestLib®, one of the fastest and most featured automatic true-shape nesting library available in the industry.
This module can be used to create efficient layouts of metal, wood or composite based materials, producing the maximum number of parts from a single piece of raw material within minutes
Features and benefits:
- Easy to learn and use
- Part-in-part nesting
- Fully Automatic true-shape nesting solution
- Fast Nesting and Optimal Nesting (with time constraint) options
- Full associativity with SolidWorks® - Updates are tracked, and flagged whenever a change is made to the component and are reflected instantly
- Automatically nests multiple parts, based on the material and thickness, thus eliminating the manual efforts of segregating individual parts
- Material optimization - Advanced nesting algorithms reduce raw material consumption by providing optimized and compact layouts
- Improved utilization and increase in productivity
Call 614.410.2300 to speak to a representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Posted on: 6/26/2012
Featured Customer: Tomak PrecisionRead how CAMWorks with VoluMill helped Tomak Precision quickly generate programs from submitted solid models as well as improve cycle times, tool life and machine life.
Posted on: 12/7/2011
CAMWorks Volumill: Program Smarter! Machine Faster! Improve Tool lifeCAMWorks® VoluMill™ is an optional and newly introduced milling toolpath engine within CAMWorks for 2.5 axis and 3 axis roughing operations. It is ideal for prismatic parts and complex 3-D shapes, producing more intelligent toolpaths to machine pockets, slots, and arbitrary shapes. Volumill is well suited for machining soft as well as hard materials that are hard to chip, such as titanium, nickel-based alloys or stainless steel. The result is increased efficiency and utilization of machines, tools, labor and materials. Volumill is developed by Celeritive Technologies' and the kernel has been successfully used in the market for years within standalone versions and other integrations. Learn more at www.camworks.com
Posted on: 11/7/2011
Important NoticeIt has come to our attention that several customers have inaccurate contact information for CAMS representatives. Email addresses using the "camsnet.com" domain are no longer active and should not be used for any communications.
The current email addresses use the representative's first name followed by the "cutmetalfast.com" domain(for example, email@example.com). If you have any questions regarding email communication, please call 614.410.2300.
Posted on: 7/12/2011
Cutting CornersSolidWorks and CAMWorks pair up to provide Western Saw the edge when it comes to cutting corner openings out of concrete walls, while maintaining structural strength.
Posted on: 8/20/2010
Important Notice!CAMS, Inc. strives to provide CAMWorks technical support in a professional and timely manner. In doing so, we utilize mass email for distributing information applicable to large portions of our user group. A important technical bulletin was distributed 11/19/2009 regarding CAMWorks 2010. If you did not receive this bulletin, please ensure that all emails from the "cutmetalfast.com" domain are white-listed within your security or email defender software. Also, email addresses change from time to time so please be sure you have an accurate email on file with our support staff. To update your email information, or be added to the distribution list as a new user, please complete Technical Support Inquiry Form on the FAQ page.
Posted on: 11/16/2009
To Comp or Not to Comp....That is the QuestionMany CAMWorks users have recently asked questions about Toolpath Center Compensation and whether or not to run with it or without it. At CAMS, we strongly recommend taking advantage of CAMWorks Toolpath Center Compensation functionality. One of the main benefits of a CAM system is the ability to display, simulate, and evaluate toolpath prior to machine movement. Take full advantage of this benefit; alleviate considerable confusion for the user while also ensuring on-screen display represents the output code.
Posted on: 4/24/2009